Job Department: Projects
Employment Contract Type: Full-time
Current Status: Speculative Applications Welcome
We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable team players to join our projects team as part of our growth plan. The role will involve assisting our experienced team in live High Voltage (HV) environments within the UK and Ireland electrical supply industry (T&D, generation, and industrial companies). Experience within the transmission and distribution arena would be an advantage but not essential.
Under the supervision of a Site Supervisor or Service Engineer the successful candidate can expect to carry out a supporting role in our Maintenance and Asset management activities on primary and secondary electrical equipment.
- Basic fitting activity to assist with dismantling and rebuilding electrical equipment to allow inspection, maintenance and testing to be carried out by other team members
- Basic maintenance activity including re-gasketing, cleaning, greasing, paintwork touch-up, etc.
- Establishing and maintaining clean and tidy work areas ensuring the correct tooling and test equipment is available at the work areas when required and suitably stored in vehicles/site containers when not in use.
- General duties including a local collection/delivery service for unplanned material and tooling requirements (caused by changes to work scope during outage work)
- Assist our team in the Maintenance and asset management duties for power transformers and switchgear
- Assist our team in general duties to enhance team effectiveness
- The role is Customer facing and will require a good positive attitude at all times
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with MS Office would be an advantage
- Practically minded and ability to perform manual tasks
- Experience within the transmission and distribution arena would be an advantage but not essential
- Receptive to, and able to advocate for, the Company values; (Delivering Wow!, having a 'yes we can' attitude, sharing knowledge & experience, wearing the shirt, showing respect, having fun & being happy, doing your best, being nice and having integrity)
- Able to work in a safe and efficient manor with a can do attitude
- Good communications skills
- Good team worker who is keen to learn
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Many periods of site work will involve lodging overnight
- Since we are a small (but growing) company you can expect to get involved in a wide range of activities and you must demonstrate a willingness to be adaptable to business needs
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Life Assurance
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company sick pay upon successful completion of probation
- 24/7 employee help line
Please submit your CV and covering letter, detailing why you believe you are suited to the role, to email@example.com; a full job specification is available on request.